This Week’s Missed Connections

craigslist.jpg

Welcome back, kiddos. This Week’s Missed Connections has missed you dearly. Temple’s love gazes are back in full swing, and by swing, I mean swinger, and by swinger, I mean freakishly desperate for any thing they can get.

This week is a veritable children’s book of lost love. The MCs are written for a fourth grade education level and one includes an illustration. I’m serious about that.

Get it on after the jump.

we both got off on the 9th floor – w4m – 19

Me: looking like a schmuck, in pajama pants. Long wavy brown hair.

You: blond. cute. you smiled.

We were the only two in the elevator, and we both got off on the 9th floor.
If only you would have worn Axe.

potbellies today – m4w – 27

You were working tonight at potbellies. You were a manager with a blue shirt, brown hair, and a red bandanna and you were talking about Rosie the riveter. I think you go to temple. You gave me a free muffin and your drawing was adorable.

Let’s split an oreo shake?
If that oreo shake idea is a Temple diversity reference, I don’t know what to say.

R.H- Temple U-1071 – w4m

You’re pretty damn sexy.
fyi.
FYIs should be forwarded with official company letterheads only. Thanks, next.

re pat – m4w

maybe i dont see you. maybe I’m trying not to. Depends on who you are.

pat – w4m

I see you everywhere, say hi once in a while.
TWMC Translation: “Maybe I don’t wanna see your dummy face.”

Dave – w4m – 21

Dave Coleman when are you going to break up with your girlfriend so we can f–k?

oh Dave – w4m – 21

Got your e-mail…when you break up with your girlfriend I’ll let you know.
Look out for Coleman’s new book Why I Stopped E-mailing Crazy Ex’s.

Patty IBC – m4w – 26

You work here.

I come every Th evening with my peoples to play racquetball. I enjoy your smile and you handled the ball incident quite well, by just taking his name down and letting us go.

Come over, for I’ll show you a good time
All I read was “ball” and “handle.”

1.29.08 Northbound subway to Temple stop – m4w – 30

I’m looking for the girl who sat across from me on the orange broad street line going north and exited at the Cecil B. Moore/Temple stop, but not after I saw her picking her teeth and offered her gum, which she accepted. I’m hard of hearing (and have 2 hearing aids which I was not wearing at the time because frankly I don’t like them, they’re uncomfortable, and are far from perfect; I only really use them when I’m in 1 on 1 conversations with little background noise, when I can actually use them to my benefit) and was listening to music on my ipod during the encounter, but when she stepped off the train I followed her onto the platform to get her attention, just so I could get her cell phone number or email address recorded on my cell phone, but she was in a hurry and gestured ‘good bye’ so I got back onto the train to come home.

She was wearing a red ‘North Face’ (I believe that’s the brand name, but it was definitely ‘North’ something, located on the left breast of her jacket/parka) with a grey midsection (see pic) and tan khakis with lots of pockets. I also got to see her socks, which I’m not revealing the color of because that’s my verification that any responses I get to make sure the respondent is really her.

I just wanted to meet her to talk to her, as I have few friends, most former friends gradually drifting away from me after I seriously fubar’d myself in a motorcycle wreck in ’01, leaving me in a coma for 5 months and killing my metabolism which caused me to put on some pounds. BUT NOT TO WORRY, I have a gym membership, in fact I was coming home from the Bally’s at 16th/Walnut when we crossed paths.

Her appearance reminded me of Punky Brewster, so I’ve temporarily named her ‘templepunky’.

If you’re her, please respond to this ad with the color of the socks you were wearing that night.

She got off the northbound train around 7:30 at the Cecil B. Moore/Temple University stop.

01160801030601040120080131d9a905d7da1c5cc75200e160.jpg

Oh wow, an illustrated Missed Connection. That’s normal. Yeah.

Dr. Dalton’s Biochemistry Lecture – w4m – 23

dear tall boy with dark brown jacket,

This is crazy because I don’t even know your name. I don’t know why but I was very much happy to see you again. You’ve been in my other classes in the past but you are so hard to reach out to.

I wonder what kind of girls gets your attention. I’d definitely would like to be one!

– your secret admirer
Girl, nobody knows nobody’s name. Get what I’m sayin’?

re: re: The only one that doesn’t take place in the TECH Center… – 19

Wow, which one of us is better at this competition of wits (and/or nerdiness)?
Seems like a deadLOCKE to me.

Yeah?…Anyone? Anyone?

The only one that doesn’t take place in the TECH Center… w4m – 19

Saw you studying your MCAT book, while I disected Hume and Kant at the table across from you, trying to think of a funny pick up line.

Why Kant I just approach people without using a stupid line? Hey-ohhhhh!
(But, seriously, you people need to say the man’s last name properly in a non-joke setting).
I feel that if I make fun of either of these, they’re going to attack my grammar.

Laura? Bangs? – m4w

You: Sweet tweed jacket, bangs, black book bag
Me: Tall and flyyyy baby g!

I was struck by your beauty.
We locked eyes.

Coffee?
For some reason, this reminds me of an R. Kelly song. No, not “Real Talk.”

where did you go – m4m – 26

we met sunday night. you got my number. you go to temple. I saw you tonight but had to pee so I rushed past. you left before I came out of the bathroom. let me know what I look like and what we talked about sunday so we can hang out!
At least he’s honest.

Freezing Runner, Temple Sweatshirt, Dog in Tow! – m4w – 28

I almost bumped into you rounding the corner of 20th and Spruce. You hair was blonde or dirty blonde and in pigtails, wearing a Temple sweatshirt, and running with a dog (I believe it was a beagle?). It seemed like we were the only runners out there on such a freezing night…..
Dude, she was probably running from you.

to the boy with the tattoos and glasses – 24

you smoke your cigarette out by anderson all of the time in your navy hat…
i see you semester after semester just about five thousand times and we just need to be friends already.
just to i clarify, no, im not hitting on you but i know you you recognize me so stop being so shy and just say hi.
its silly.

-small girl with the glasses.
She’s definitely not hitting on you.

Temple Dance Team vs Xavier – m4w – 26

Ladies of the Temple dance team………best collection of good looking women in the city. Don’t get up to Temple that often, but went to the Xavier game and these girls were 12 for 12, smoking hot. Loved the outfit change. If any of you are looking for a nice night out with a CC professional, drop me a line.
TWMC Translation: “I love when girls change outfits in front of me. I’m a professional.”