Our local soap is coming to an end

Thank you, philly.com.

The Web site that is Philadelphia assembled for us an archive.  An archive entitled “Alycia Lane in the News.”

Don’t worry.  Larry’s on there, too.  It might as well be called “CBS3 in the News.”

And the latest story comes from the columnist who is Philadelphia, who assembled for us her thoughts defending Alycia.

Jill Porter wrote a column that many people will laugh at.  Many people won’t take it seriously.  It’s questionable if she even takes it seriously.

In a nutshell, her column says that we, the news-crazed Philadelphia public, never gave Alycia a chance.  Maybe she’s not the ditzy diva the Philadelphia media has made her out to be.

We ought to believe that, Porter says.  But we probably won’t.

That’s because this long saga that began December 14 after an incident involving a news anchor, a New York City cop and a taxi cab (sounds like the setup for a joke) is finally coming to an end.  There are only two more milestones to come – the future of Mr. Mendte’s federal investigation and the outcome of Lane’s lawsuit against KYW.

Well, unless Mendte files a wrongful termination lawsuit.  But let’s pretend that’s not an option.

But these outcomes aren’t what we care about.  We cared about the public destruction of two beloved news anchors – those whom we loved to watch and who will likely not be on the Philadelphia airwaves anymore.

And you know what?  We’re going to miss them.  I already do.

Way to go, Philadelphia.