Time to take your two-wheeler out of the garage

There’s no better way to show your bike some love than a 35-mile ride through the city. The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia is on a mission to make the city more livable and sustainable by promoting bicycling as an environmentally-friendly form of transportation.

This Sunday, Bike Philly will offer a 10- or 20-mile car-free ride beginning at the Art Museum in support of this mission. The event begins bright and early at 8 a.m. and ends with a Finish Line Festival at 1 p.m. If the 20-mile option isn’t enough for you and your two-wheeler, the event also offers a more adventurous, shared-road option as a way to prove cars and bikes can both enjoy the road. On this 35-mile extension bikers will enjoy the scenic views of Main Line ‘burbs Overbrook, Ardmore and Haverford as they leave city boundaries and ride on City Line Avenue. Needless to say, it’s the ultimate tour of everything Philly has to offer from the comfort of your bicycle seat.

Registration will remain open online until Saturday, Sept. 11 at 5 p.m. You can also register at the Art Museum the morning of the ride, as well. Good news for us, the student price is only $20 and includes food, water and mechanics to help along the way.