AP: The average Temple student is president of something

In a recently released AP story, several Temple students are interviewed along with other Pennsylvanians about their political priorities.

However, the article fails to identify the two quoted Temple students as the head of the College Democrats and College Republicans.

Temple University student Ryan McCool, 20, said his No. 1 frustration is the war. The Philadelphia resident said he’s a supporter of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

McCool said he often thinks about the troops overseas, the ones who are his age, and supports McCain’s Iraq position, which does not include the withdrawal timetable favored by the two Democrats. He’s also uneasy about the threat of domestic terrorism.

“If you’re not a secure nation, you don’t really have much,” McCool said. “You want a commander in chief who knows what they’re doing.”

McCool is the president of the College Republicans as reported in The Temple News.

Anna Walker, president of the Temple College Democrats also does not have the proper title assigned to her.

Anna D. Walker, 20, a student at Temple University, said she’s seen how troubled the health care system has become.

“I grew up in urban settings so I’ve seen the long lines of people who have to go to the ER because they don’t have insurance,” said Walker, who is split between Clinton and Obama.

Walker suggested that because young people know they will face the high costs of health care soon, if they haven’t already, they’ve been turning out in big numbers for this year’s primaries.