Seniors Say Farewell With A Victory

bball305.jpg

In the final regular season home game of their careers, seniors Mark Tyndale, Chris Clark and Orlando Miller went out on top.

The Owls defeated Duquesne, 90-85, Wednesday night at the Liacouras Center to clinch a first round bye in next week’s Atlantic Ten Conference Tournament in Atlantic City, N.J.

The junior duo of Dionte Christmas and Sergio Olmos both set career highs, scoring 37 and 16 points, respectively, and partially upstaging the four-year members of the team, who were honored before the game in a ceremony that included former Owls coach John Chaney.

Tyndale, the most lauded member of the Owls’ 2004 recruits, scored 15 points, grabbed seven rebounds and dished out five assists. The 6-5 Simon Gratz alumnus, who was accompanied by several members of his family, including both of his grandmothers, fell awkwardly on his head in the first half after colliding with a Duquesne player. After being attended to by team physicians, Tyndale left the floor, only to return to the game several minutes later. He appeared at the post-game press conference with ice wrapped around his left arm as he talked about the back pain he felt after the fall:

“I’m just ready to go home and get some rest. I’m tired, man.”

In other news, Tyndale and Al Shrier are both being considered for the role of John McLane in the next Die Hard movie*.

(*This may or may not be true.)

For their regular season finale, the Owls will play La Salle at the Tom Gola Arena Saturday at 4 p.m.

For more on Temple’s win, read: “Juniors shine on Senior Night”

More hoopball photos after the jump.

bball305-2.jpg

bball305-3.jpg

bball305-4.jpg

bball305-5.jpg

(Photos courtesy of TTN photographer Ron Davis)