Arrest made in hit-and-run of lacrosse player

Robert Roberts, 18, has a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 22. | Courtesy Philadelphia Police

UPDATE: The 18-year-old male has been identified as Robert Roberts of North Philadelphia, the Inquirer reported. According to court records, Roberts is charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving without a license, and his preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 22.

Police arrested an 18-year-old driver Thursday suspected of striking Temple senior and lacrosse goalie Rachel Hall while she was riding her bicycle on Main Campus on April 29.

The incident, which occurred near 13th and Diamond streets, left Hall with severe head trauma and other injuries. Executive Director of Campus Safety Services Charlie Leone said on Thursday that Hall is still unconscious and in critical but stable condition at Temple University Hospital.

The North Philadelphia man arrested and charged with the incident was driving his father’s 2012 silver Mitsubishi Galant with a learner’s permit at the time, and told investigators he “panicked” when he fled the scene shortly after striking Hall.

Hall’s mother, Kathy Hall, has been posting daily updates regarding her daughter’s status since last Sunday night on a Facebook page titled “Rachel Hall Temple Strong.”

Via a post to the Facebook page, Kathy Hall attended the university’s Latin Honors Convocation and Temple Athletics ceremonies this afternoon in honor of Rachel Hall, who was scheduled to receive her Cum Laude graduation cord at the Latin Honors ceremony. The Mullica Hill, New Jersey native is a College of Liberal Arts student majoring in criminal justice.

Andrew Parent can be reached at andrew.parent@temple.edu or on Twitter @Andrew_Parent23.