Student government meeting of Nov. 18

New dining hours on-campus and a new student committee were the main announcements at the Temple Student Government general assembly meeting Nov. 18 in room 200c of the Student Center.

Temple’s Student Body President Darin Bartholomew announced that hours at Così, a Sodexo-run dining location in Pearson-McGonigle Hall, would be extended. Bartholomew said there are more dining hour changes to come in the future as part of efforts by TSG.

Andrew Salciunas introducing himself as the newly appointed director of the Committee of Recruitment and Retention. Salciunas encouraged students interested in joining the committee to contact him at andrew.salciunas@temple.edu.

Starting the director announcements, Director of Campus Life and Diversity Evan Raines asked the audience of roughly 200 if they would be interested in a new living learning community. After a sizable show of hands of those interested in the idea and lack of opposition, Raines said he concluded he would go ahead with planning the implementation of the idea.

Afterwards, Director of Local and Community Affairs Morgan Jenkins discussed the Temple Annual Christmas Party, a celebration held with CSS for the general public in the Liacouras Center on Dec. 8 at 9 p.m.

Jenkins said she is interested in bringing in student groups to the event, particularly performance groups. She asked that interested groups contact her at morgan.jenkins@temple.edu.

Thomas Montalbano, co-chairman of allocations, announced that of the $117,000 in allocation money for student organizations at the beginning of the year, roughly $58,000 is left.

The meeting came to a close after the open forum and organization announcements.

Marcus McCarthy is the TSG beat writer for The Temple News. He can be reached at marcus.mccarthy@temple.edu or follow on Twitter @Marcus.McCarthy6