TSG to host student forum on football stadium

Temple Student Government will host a student forum on the potential football stadium with Athletic Director Pat Kraft and President Theobald at 4 p.m. Feb. 1 in the Student Center.

TSG posted a link for students to register for the event and submit their questions. Students must pre-register to attend the event.

Theobald and Kraft will address selected pre-submitted questions in the first half of the forum, followed by a Q&A.

Student Body President Ryan Rinaldi said he’s expecting higher attendance than general assembly meetings which typically attract 150 students.

“I think it’s a very important step for TSG and for Temple to address a topic that’s so hot around campus,” Rinaldi said. “There were multiple student representatives who have wanted answers from the administration.”

TSG has hosted open forums in the past, like on sexual assault prevention with Dean of Students Stephanie Ives and Executive Director of Campus Safety Charlie Leone, as well as post-graduation opportunities with the career center.

“I think [students] will be surprised with the transparency the administration offers,” Rinaldi said,. “It’s about getting answers from [Theobald and Kraft].”

Rinaldi said Theobald and Kraft are interested in knowing students’ questions and concerns about the potential stadium.

“It’s one thing to talk to me and TSG and it’s another thing to talk to students directly,” he said. “This was the right time to have a conversation like this.”

Lian Parsons can be reached at lian.parsons@temple.edu and @Lian_Parsons on Twitter.