Despite report, no vote on funding for stadium architect

UPDATE: Ray Betzner, associate vice president of strategic marketing and communications, released a statement after the conclusion of Tuesday’s executive committee meeting.

“Temple University continues to carefully examine its options as we consider a future football venue,” the statement read. “This is an important decision. The university’s Board of Trustees and administration is moving forward with care, knowing that this decision will impact students, alumni, fans and our North Philadelphia neighbors for years to come. We continue to engage the community and draw together the information we need to make the best possible decision.”

The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees did not vote to allocate funds for a stadium architect Tuesday afternoon.

The Inquirer reported from an anonymous source Saturday a vote would be made on Jan. 19.

A university spokesman said they do not know who told the Inquirer a vote would be made.

After several hours in executive session, in which no one but committee members are allowed, the committee publicly passed one vote to apply for a loan to improve water quality at the university.

It is unknown whether the committee discussed funds for a stadium architect, as trustees at the meeting declined to comment.

Julie Christie can be reached at julie.christie@temple.edu or on Twitter @ChristieJules.