Cosby admitted in 2005 to giving drugs to women for sex

Court documents have been released that indicate Bill Cosby gave Quaaludes to women he intended to have sex with, the Associated Press reported.

Cosby testified in 2005 that he got the drugs and was planning to give them to women he wanted to have sex with, admitting to giving the sedative to at least one woman and “other people,” according to documents obtained by the AP Monday.

The AP was previously denied access to these records – Cosby’s lawyers said it would embarrass their client. The documents obtained were part of a lawsuit involving a former Temple University employee, and Cosby testified that he gave her three half-pills of Benadryl, the AP reported.

Since last year, more than two dozen women have accused the longtime comedian of sexual assault, citing events dating back to the 1960s, the AP reported. Amid these allegations, Bill Cosby resigned from Temple’s Board of Trustees on Dec. 1 of last year. Cosby served on the board for more than three decades.

“I have always been proud of my association with Temple University,” Cosby said in a statement made available by the university following his resignation. “I have always wanted to do what would be in the best interests of the university and its students. As a result, I have tendered my resignation from the Temple University Board of Trustees.”

One of the lawyers who represented Cosby in the 2005 case was Patrick O’Connor, the current chairman of the Board of Trustees. The AP continues to investigate court records pertaining to the case in 2005. The board’s next public meeting is scheduled for July 14.