General Assembly meeting Oct. 15

Business was short for this week’s Temple Student Government General Assembly meeting in room 200c of the Student Center on Monday. With no guest speakers, the meeting was mostly updates by members of TSG.

Starting with Darin Bartholomew, Temple’s student body president, the class gift for this year was announced as water bottle refilling stations. Donations for this gift will be accepted Friday at the inauguration celebrations.

Sonia Galiber, vice president of external affairs, thanked those involved with Sunday’s zombie run and Morgan Jenkins, director of local and community affairs, spoke about an upcoming event.

Avenue of the Treats, a Halloween event hosted by CSS for children, will be held Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Progress Plaza near the intersection of Broad and West Oxford streets.

Evan Feinstein, director of pride and traditions, discussed the Cherry and White Games to be held on Friday. This event will set student organizations in competition with the winner receiving a plaque.

Following that was the Open Forum where Bartholomew inquired as to concerns from students who were affected by yesterday’s lockdown on Willington Street. Bartholomew, who said he was neighbors with the student, told The Temple News he is looking in to ways to better the university’s response.

Organization announcements were last on the agenda before the meeting ended a few minutes earlier than usual.

The next TSG GA meeting will be Oct. 21 also in room 200c of the student center at 4 p.m.

Marcus McCarthy is the TSG beat writer for The Temple News. He can be reached at marcus.mccarthy@temple.edu or follow on Twitter @Marcus.McCarthy6