TSG candidates announced at General Assembly meeting

Diamond Nation and Temple United, the two tickets competing for Temple Student Government executive positions, were introduced during “Meet the Candidates” at the General Assembly meeting yesterday, March 25.

Monday marked the first official day of campaigning for the two teams seeking to win the election scheduled for April 9 and 10.

Diamond Nation, led by candidate for student body president and junior human resources management major Anthony Torres, has set a platform on three pillars: community, opportunity and diversity.

According to Diamond Nation’s website, its mission is “to provide all students with viable and accessible opportunities, integrate the Temple and Philadelphia communities, and cultivate dynamic relationships among our diverse student.”

Candidate for vice president of services Patricia Boateng and candidate for vice president of external affairs Danube Johnson complete Diamond Nation’s ticket.

Diamond Nation will face off against Temple United led by student body president candidate Darin Bartholomew.

Bartholomew, a junior management information systems major, is joined by candidate for vice president of services Cree Moore and candidate for vice president of external affairs Sonia Galiber.

Temple United’s mission is to solve the challenges on campus through unifying the student body. “Through making information more easily accessible and representing a diverse student body, we will advocate for the Temple Community,” Temple United’s website states.

Temple United and Diamond Nation will debate next Monday, April 1, at the General Assembly meeting.