DesignPhiladelphia Launch Party

Although there is something oddly charming about a North Philly basement party, taking the festivities off of Main Campus once in a while can do a body good.

Get over the mid-week lull today at DesignPhiladelphia’s free street party at 7:30 p.m. Aptly located in Provenance Architecturals –a retailer of secondhand furniture and salvaged building materials such as neon signs, the event will fill the warehouse at 912 Canal St. with the city’s most innovative designers.

Exhibitors range from architecture firms to fashion designers. Public Workshop will be demonstrating how to construct an interactive building and Arcadia Boutique will be rolling out a fashion show, which should be the perfect distraction from midterm cram sessions. Yards Brewing Company, Little Baby’s Ice Cream and Pitruco Pizza will be present to keep you satiated.

With live performances by Dani Mari and Reverend TJ McGlinchey, the kick-off party will have all the amenities of a Temple  rager, except in a spacious 10,000-square-foot building.

No worries if midterm week is keeping you homebound, the DesignPhiladelphia will be hosting events throughout the city until Oct. 14. For a full list of events, check out  events.designphiladelphia.org.