Hart attends final board meeting as president

During her last Board of Trustees meeting as president, Ann Weaver Hart thanked the Board of Trustees for its support and expressed confidence in Temple moving forward, today.

“It has been truly an honor to be president of Temple University,” Hart said. “I know that you are all committed to a bright future for this incredible institution.”

“As my last president’s report, I want to thank you for the privledge of being part of this wonderful team and assure you that I have great faith and confidence that this institution will continue to nurture and advance the values and accomplishments that make it the great institution that it is,” Hart added.

The Temple News has requested an interview with Hart multiple times since the last board meeting in March, and has received no response.

After Hart’s speech, the board announced the extension of the Temple Association of University Professional’s contract through October 2014. According a press release, the extension will go into effect when the current contract expires this October.

The board’s committees then unanimously approved a slew of recommendations from the various committees.

Among the approvals were four projects recommended by the facilities committee. The projects included interior lighting upgrades to various buildings that would cost up to $2.86 million, as well as a roof replacement to McGonigle Hall that would cost up to $2 million.

The board also approved a recommendation from the aumni relations and development committee that would authorize the naming of the Glass Studios at Tyler School of Art for Irvin Borowsky and Laurie Wagman.