Student arrested after being victim of armed home invasion

A Temple student is facing drug charges following an armed home invasion at an off campus apartment last night, Sunday April 29.

The robbery took place on the 1500 of Page Street around 10 p.m. when two armed, masked men forced themselves into the residence and stole cell phones and cash from the five Temple students present. A third suspect stood watch outside of the apartment.

No one was hurt during the incident and after the robbery the three men fled south on 15th Street.

A TU Alert was sent out today, April 30th, around 10 a.m., informing the Temple community of the forced entry and robbery.  The alert also said one of the apartment’s occupants was arrested for possession of illegal drugs with intent to deliver. The presence of illegal drugs inside the house is believed to be related to the robbery, according to the alert.

Following the incident, authorities recognized the description of one of the suspects.

“We [made] one apprehension of a male a few blocks from the incident who was positively identified by the students,” said Charlie Leone, deputy director of Campus Safety Services.

He added that the Philadelphia Police Department Central Detectives Unit is leading the investigation with the help of The Temple Police. The investigation is still underway.