Student is robbed on Polett update

As the crime continues to be researched, more details on this morning’s robbery on the 1200 block of Polett Walk have become available.

Charles Leone, deputy director of Campus Safety Services, said the student was walking west on Polett Walk around 1:15 a.m. when a male approached him, displayed a handgun and said to “give all you got.”  But, not giving up his belongings, the student grabbed the male’s arms and a struggle broke out. They both fell to the ground and the offender hit the student in the back, got up, swiped the student’s phone from the ground and started running. He headed north on 12th Street from Polett and was last seen heading  towards Susquehanna Avenue.

Responding Temple Police took the victim around the area in a search for anyone resembling the offender but no one was identified. Other responding officers searched the area as well.

The student was then taken to the Philadelphia Police Central Detective Division where Temple Police and Philadelphia Police detectives worked together to investigate the incident.

“We’ve increased patrols on Polett and Liacouras Walks in the evening and nights each day.  Temple Police detectives have been canvassing the area talking with people where we believe the offender may have gone,” Leone said.

The Temple and Philadelphia police departments will continue collaborating information for the patrol officers and detectives.