America’s Most Wanted stops by Temple

John Walsh

Of course it does.

The production crew from America’s Most Wanted, the long-running FOX program, completed filming an episode Monday in sections of North and South Philadelphia for an upcoming show to be aired this Saturday.

AMW’s star John Walsh and crew were on hand Monday afternoon at 15th and Norris streets trying to trace steps of a runaway fugitive, Marshall “Munch” Thomas, 19, who critically shot and wounded Adrian Schultz in front of a Temple security booth on May 13, 2008.

The Temple News had breaking coverage of the shooting here, here and here.

According to the profile of the case detailed on the AMW Web site, Thomas approached his girlfriend, Shaniece Henderson, and her female friend whom he suspected she had been cheating on him with on a bicycle late that evening.

After a verbal altercation, the suspect shot Schultz in the chest.

Thomas quickly fled the scene on the bike and has not been caught since the incident.

The Philadelphia Police Department still has the suspect’s profile posted under “Most Wanted Violent Felons” section on its website.

Thanks to the work of John Walsh, the case is now re-opened as he will soon plead with his viewers to contact police or call 1-800-CRIME TV with tips that could ultimately lead to Thomas’ capture.

Walsh also revisited the site in South Philadelphia where aspiring young math teacher Beau Zabel was killed, apparently for his iPod, while returning from his late shift at a local Starbucks on June 15, 2008.

Both cases will air Saturday, March 14 show on FOX at 9 p.m.